Updated January 6, 2019
- If you, or your use of the Deep Education Institute website, are subject to EU data protection law (including the GDPR), we have updated the teacher’s obligations when using Deep Education Institute websites to reflect the new requirements under the GDPR.
We recommend that you read this policy in full to ensure you are fully informed.
Agreement on our Terms of Service and Use
The Personal Information that we may collect broadly falls into the following categories:
(A) Information you provide to us: In the course of engaging with Deep Education Institute Services, you may provide Personal Information about you and your Contacts. Personal Information is often, but not exclusively, provided to us when you sign up for and use the Services, consult with our service team and teachers, send us an email, integrate the Services with another website or service (for example, when you choose to connect your account with Deep Education Institute), or communicate with us in any other way.
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They are widely used by online service providers in order to make their websites or services work or work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information, such as how many instructional units have been passed to upload the next instructional step. Cookies set by Deep Education Institute as the service provider are called “first party cookies”. Third party cookies enable features or functionality to be provided on or through the website or service you are using (such as advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your computer when it visits the website or service in question and when it visits certain other websites or services.
Essential cookies are necessary to provide the services available through Deep Education Institute websites and to use its features, such as access to secure areas. Because these cookies are necessary to deliver the websites, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our websites function. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings.
(C) Information we collect from other sources: We may sometimes obtain information about you or your Contacts from third-party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers and our joint marketing partners. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally or contractually permitted to disclose such information to us. We and our partners may use various technologies to collect and store information when you use our Services, which may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons. For example, we may use web beacons in the emails we send on the Deep Education Institute’s or teachers’ behalf using MailChimp or other third party applications. These web beacons track certain behavior such as whether the email sent through the Services was delivered and opened and whether links within the email were clicked. They also allow us to collect information such as the recipient’s IP address, browser, email client type and other similar details. We use this information to measure the performance of email campaigns, and provide analytics information and enhance the effectiveness of Deep Education Institute Services. Reports are also available to us when we send email to you, so we may from time to time collect and review that information.
A Distribution List can be created by importing Contacts, such as through a CSV or directly from the teacher’s email address and the email addresses of students. Our Distribution Lists are stored on a secure server. We do not, under any circumstances, sell our Distribution Lists. If someone on our Distribution List complains or contacts us, we might then contact that person. If abusive or illegal behavior related to our Distribution List were detected, we may share our Distribution List or portions of it with affected ISPs or anti-spam organizations to the extent permitted or required by applicable law. If a Contact chooses to use the Forward to a Friend (FTF) link in an email campaign a Member sends, it will allow the Contact to share the Member’s email content with individuals not on the Member’s Distribution List. When a Contact forwards an email to a friend, we do not store the Contact’s email address or their friend’s email address, and no one is added to any Distribution List as a result of the FTF link. The Member who created the email campaign only sees an aggregate number of times their email campaign was forwarded by a Contact and does not have access to the email addresses used to share or receive that forwarded content.
The Deep Education Institute may use Personal Information collected through the Services or other sources for various reasons, including:
- To send you system alert messages and to communicate with you about your account and provide customer support; to bill and collect money owed to us by you.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide and improve Services and make course suggestions to you. This may include sharing your or your Contacts’ information with third parties in order to provide and support our Services or, for example, to make certain discounts on courses or programs available to you.
- Authorized service providers: We may share your Personal Information with our authorized service providers, local campuses and partner universities that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering instructional packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys, discounts, promotions, scholarships and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- For data analytics projects that may use data from Deep Education Institute accounts, including Personal Information, to provide and improve Services. We may use information like your choice of courses, interest keywords, sending habits and your Contacts’ details and purchase history, so we can make more informed predictions, decisions, and products for our Members. If as a teacher or your students prefer not to share this data, you can alter the security settings on your account to opt out of data analytics projects, or your Contact can opt out of data analytics projects at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding; to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, or meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Other purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify you.
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our website for advanced studies. However, no system can be completely secure. Although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
The teachers, the students, and users of Deep Education Institute website and services may have the following data protection rights:
- To choose not to provide us with certain information. That may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products, courses or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or program; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of Personal Information. Deep Education Institute takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and up to date. Members can manage their individual account and profile settings within the dashboard provided through the Deep Education Institute platform, or you may contact us directly by emailing us at email@example.com
- To unsubscribe to newsletters and memos. When you register on our website you may be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages and/or newsletters about product updates, improvements, special offers, discounts or scholarships, or special distributions of content by us. At any time, you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by unsubscribing or contacting us by email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line and a brief explanation of the purpose, service or item you do not want to receive. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that, changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a credit card processing partner or an event provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
- Residents of the EEA can object to processing of their Personal Information, ask to restrict processing of their Personal Information or request portability of their Personal Information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided in “Questions and Concerns” below. If any students wishes to exercise any of these rights, they should contact their teacher directly, or contact us as described in the “Privacy for Contacts” section below.
- If Personal Information is collected or processed on the basis of consent, the data subject can withdraw their consent at any time. Withdrawing consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing conducted prior to withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. Upon such requests, we may segment our lists within the platform to ensure that we only market to Contacts who have not opted out of receiving such marketing, scholarships or discount.
- Right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of Personal Information. For information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
We respond to the requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection law. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request. If we receive a request from one of a teacher’s students, we may either direct the Contact to reach out to the teacher, or, if appropriate, we may respond directly to the request.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
While any Visitor can view the Class Sites, in order to use the Class Sites and take part in the Online Courses, you must select a login identification (“User ID”) and a user password (“User Password”) that is unique and entirely different from your User ID (collectively, a “User Account”). You agree that you will never divulge or share access or access information to your User Account with any third party for any reason. In setting up your User Account, you may be prompted or required to enter additional information, including but not limited to your name and email address. Additional information may be required to confirm your identity.
The Class Sites are available to any User. However, access to the Online Courses is restricted to Auditors or Students that have a registered User Account. By registering, you agree that:
Additional requirements apply to Students. As a Student, in addition to the points above, you agree that:
– you are registering with the intent to be ab active participant, attend lectures, complete homework assignments, take and submit exams and other activities related to taking the class;
– Deep Education Institute currently offers unaccredited courses and training programs in various topics related to Deep Education, deep learning and teaching and teacher education. It has established its quality standards in its license agreement. There is no current claim that Deep Education Institute might provide accredited degrees, since Deep Education Institute is a startup business. Accreditation is the assurance that the University meets quality standards established by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. The Board of Directors of Deep University Inc intends, in the coming months and years, to get accredited courses that get equivalences in other universities, and accredited graduate and undergraduate programs, as well as institutional accreditation. The details of the accreditation process are described on Deep Education Institute website under the thumbnail Administration. You hereby acknowledge that you have read this information.
– if you are taking an Online Course for academic credit or certification as a student of, or otherwise through, an Partner University, such as accredited universities and other educational institutions, corporate sponsors and non-profit foundations and institutions (each an “Partner University”), any such credit or certification may only be awarded directly by the Partner University based on its own policies and procedures, and you may be required by that Partner University to be registered or enrolled with the Partner University in order to receive credit or certification; and, in any event, Deep Education Institute will not have any authority or responsibility with respect to any award of academic credit or certification provided by an Partner University for any Online Course;
– if you are not taking an Online Course for academic credit or certification provided by a Partner University, then, subject to your satisfactory performance determined in the sole discretion of Deep Education Institute, you may be awarded a verified certificate of accomplishment upon conclusion of the applicable Online Course (“Verified Certificate”), and you acknowledge that any such Verified Certificate awarded may not be affiliated with any college, university, company, or other certifying institution, and may not stand in the place of a course taken with an Partner University or convey academic credit or certification for any Partner University;
– you acknowledge that instructors of any Online Course will not be obligated to make any attempts to get the course recognized by any accredited or other educational institution; and you will abide by the Student Conduct Policy listed below.
Online Courses you purchase for academic credit or certification from a Partner University or for certification from Deep Education Institute site are not eligible for refund after the 8-day legal grace period. If a refund is issued during the grace period, you will no longer receive certification and associated services for the course, but can continue to access the free courseware if and when available.
If you do not qualify, you may not attend the Online Courses.
Deep Education Institute may make certain Online Courses available to Students and Auditors in partnership with or on behalf of its Partner Universities. Your access to such Online Courses may be provided to you through your single User Account. You acknowledge and agree that any Online Course affiliated with a Partner University may be subject to terms, policies and procedures of the applicable Partner University in addition to the terms, policies and procedures of Deep Education Institute. Without limiting the foregoing, if you are a student registered or enrolled at, or are otherwise attending, a Partner University and are taking an Online Course for credit or certification through that Partner University, you acknowledge and agree that (1) the Partner University may have its own terms, policies or procedures regarding your eligibility to participate in the Online Course, your participation in the Online Course, the requirements or prerequisites for receiving credit or certification for the Online Course, and/or your educational or student records as they may relate to your participation and performance in the Online Course, and (2) your educational or student records are maintained by the Partner University, including for purposes of assigning credit or certification, and not Deep Education Institute. Deep Education Institute and the instructors of the Online Courses reserve the right to alter, modify or rearrange the schedule of topics for the Online Courses, as well as the point value or weight of assignments, tests, quizzes, exams, projects and other such evaluations of progress. A Verified Certificate shall be awarded, in the sole discretion of Deep Education Institute and the instructors for the Online Courses, to Students who have completed the course to the satisfaction of Deep Education Institute. By attending the Online Courses, Students acknowledge that Deep Education Institute and the instructors maintain the right and ability to adapt, modify or revise the Online Courses as Deep Education Institute and the instructors deem appropriate.
User Conduct Policy
You agree to use the Sites in accordance with all applicable laws. To the extent you are registered or enrolled as a student in, or are otherwise attending, a Partner University or other institution with its own policy regarding student and/or employee conduct or an “honor code,” those terms shall apply to you as a student and/or employee of such institution. Additionally, unless the following conflicts with such a policy or honor code, any User of the Online Courses agrees that he or she:
- will register for only one account;
- will not make copies of course materials for people who are not registered students of the course;
- will not harass other Students, Auditors or Visitors;
- will not cheat on any homework assignment or projects for the Online Courses;
- will not post online any Secured Testing Materials (as defined below);
- will not share solutions to homework assignments, quizzes or exams;
- will not engage in any other activities that will dishonestly improve results or dishonestly improve/hurt the results of others, and
or networks connected to the Online Courses, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Online Courses.
In addition, you may not post, upload, or transmit to or otherwise make available through the Class Sites or Online Courses any content, communications, or other information (collectively, “Unauthorized Content”):
- that is obscene, fraudulent, indecent, or libelous or that defames, abuses, harasses, discriminates against or threatens others;
- that plants malware or otherwise uses the Sites to distribute malware, that contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other disabling devices or other harmful components intended to or that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information;
- that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- that consists of any high volume, automated, or electronic means to access the Class Sites (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts);
- that infringes the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any third party;
- that violates the rights of other Users of the Class Sites; or that violates any applicable local, state, national or international law or otherwise advocates or encourages any illegal activity.
- that discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities, or encourages others to commit such activities.
Deep Education Institute Copyright
All content or other material available on the Class Sites or through the Online Courses, including but not limited to on-line lectures, speeches, video lessons, quizzes, presentation materials, homework assignments, curriculum assignments, programs, code, and other images, text, layouts, arrangements, displays, illustrations, documents, materials, audio and video clips, slideshows, HTML and files (collectively, the “Content”), are the property of Deep Education Institute and/or its affiliates or licensors and are protected by copyright, patent and/or other proprietary intellectual property rights under United States and foreign law.
Deep Education Institute logos, trademarks and service marks which may appear on the Class Sites (“Marks”), are the property of Deep Education Institute and are protected under United States and foreign laws. All other trademarks, service marks and logos used on the Class Sites, with or without attribution, are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners. In addition, elements of the Class Sites are protected by trade dress and other federal and state intellectual property laws and may not be copied, reproduced, downloaded or distributed in any way in whole or in part without the express written consent of Deep Education Institute.
License to Use the Class Sites and Online Course Materials
Permission to Use Materials
All content or other materials available on the Sites, including but not limited to code, images, text, layouts, arrangements, displays, illustrations, audio and video clips, HTML files and other content are the property of Deep Education Institute and/or its aﬃliates or licensors and are protected by copyright, patent and/or other proprietary intellectual property rights under the United States and foreign laws. In consideration for your agreement to the terms and conditions contained here, Deep Education Institute grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use the Sites. You may download material from the Sites only for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not otherwise copy, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer any material, nor may you modify or create derivatives works of the material. The burden of determining that your use of any information, software or any other content on the Site is permissible rests with you.
Disclaimer of Student-University Relationship
Online Course and Certiﬁcations
The Sites will, from time to time, oﬀer online courses in a specific area of study or on a particular topic (an “Online Course”). Deep Education Institute and the instructors of the Online Courses reserve the right to cancel, interrupt or reschedule any Online Course or modify its content as well as the point value or weight of any assignment, exam or other evaluation of progress. Online Courses oﬀered are subject to the Disclaimer of Warranties / Limitation of Liabilities section below.
For some courses, subject to your satisfactory performance in the Online Course as determined in the sole discretion of the instructors and the Partner Universities, you may be awarded a statement acknowledging your completion of the class (“Statement of Accomplishment”). This Statement of Accomplishment, if provided to you, would be from Deep Education Institute and/or from the instructors. You acknowledge that the Statement of Accomplishment, if provided to you, may not be aﬃliated with Deep Education Institute or any college or university. Further, Deep Education Institute oﬀers the right to oﬀer or not oﬀer any such Statement of Accomplishment for a class. You acknowledge that the Statement of Accomplishment, and Deep Education Institute’s Online Courses, will not stand in the place of a course taken at an accredited institution, and do not convey academic credit. You acknowledge that neither the instructors of any Online Course nor the associated Partner Universities will be involved in any attempts to get the course recognized by any educational or accredited institution, unless explicitly stated otherwise by Deep Education Institute. The format of the Statement of Accomplishment will be determined at the discretion of Deep Education Institute and the instructors, and may vary by class in terms of formatting, e.g., whether or not it reports your detailed scores or grades in the class, and in other ways.
User Content Submission
The Online Courses and websites may provide you with the ability to upload forum posts, user discussions, profile pages, and other content and media for social interaction, or certain information and materials for use with the Class Sites or Online Courses, e.g., questions, hypotheticals, examples, etc. (collectively, “User Content”). Deep Education Institute does not claim ownership of any User Content you may submit or make available for inclusion on the Class Sites or Online Courses. Accordingly, subject to the license granted to Deep Education Institute below, User will be the sole and exclusive owner of any and all rights, title and interest in and to the User Content.
The Sites may also provide you with ability to upload or send information to Deep Education Institute regarding the Sites or related services (“Feedback”). By submitting the Feedback, you hereby grant Deep Education Institute and the Partner Universities an irrevocable license to use, disclose, reproduce, distribute, sublicense, prepare derivative works of, publicly perform and publicly display any such submission.
Captions and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance
Additionally, from time to time, Deep Education Institute (or its third party service providers on behalf of Deep Education Institute) may request Users to make subtitles or captions for, or translations of, Content such as lecture videos and other Educational Content, and submit such subtitles, captions, or translations to Deep Education Institute through a Deep Education Institute website/portal or the website/portal of Deep Education Institute’s service provider. In the event that Deep Education Institute (or its service provider) makes such a request to you, Deep Education Institute will grant to you a freely revocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable limited right and license to make such subtitles, captions or translations provided that you agree to submit such subtitles, captions or translations to Deep Education Institute (or its applicable service provider), and such subtitles, captions and translations shall be considered User Content and subject to the license, representations, and warranties below (even if you fail to submit the subtitles, captions or translations to Deep Education Institute); and further provided that, you acknowledge and agree that by creating or submitting any such subtitles, captions or translations, you shall not obtain any rights or license in or to Deep Education Institute’s and its affiliate’s intellectual property, including but not limited to the Educational Content, related materials, or any underlying content. For clarity, the foregoing license to make subtitles, captions or translations, if given, shall in no way expand or otherwise affect, expressly or impliedly, the terms of the Trademark License, and any such license is given under this section and not under the License. Additionally, in the event that you use any tools or other services of Deep Education Institute’s service provider in order to make subtitles, captions or translations, you agree to comply with any terms and conditions imposed by such servicer provider in conjunction with such use (e.g., those terms found at http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/terms).
With respect to any User Content you submit to Deep Education Institute (including for inclusion on the Class Sites or Online Courses) or that is otherwise made available to Deep Education Institute, you hereby grant Deep Education Institute an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such User Content on the Class Sites or in the Online Courses or otherwise exploit the User Content, with the right to sublicense such rights (to multiple tiers), for any purpose (including for any commercial purpose); except that, with regard to User Content comprised of a subtitle, caption or translation of Content, you agree that the license granted to Deep Education Institute above shall be exclusive. Deep Education Institute reserves the right to remove any User Content at any time and for any reason.
To the extent that you provide any User Content, you represent and warrant that (1) you have all necessary rights, licenses and/or clearances to provide such User Content and permit Deep Education Institute to use such User Content as provided above, (2) such User Content is accurate and reasonably complete, (3) as between you and Deep Education Institute, you shall be responsible for the payment of any third party fees related to the provision and use of such User Content, and (4) such User Content does not and will not infringe or misappropriate any third party rights or constitute a fraudulent statement or misrepresentation or unfair business practices.
With respect to any submissions of User Content, you agree to comply with all applicable local rules including but not limited to rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
Use of Provided Communication Methods and Related Services
Links to Other Sites
The Sites may include hyperlinks to sites maintained or controlled by others. Neither Deep Education Institute nor the Partner Universities are responsible for nor do they routinely screen, approve, review or endorse the contents of or use of any of the products or services that may be oﬀered at these sites.
Online Education Research
Records of your participation in Online Courses may be used for researching online education. In the interests of this research, you may be exposed to slight variations in the course materials that will not substantially alter your learning experience. All research findings will be reported at the aggregate level and will not expose your personal identity.
To purchase any services or products offered by Deep Education Institute through the Class Sites, you must have Internet access and a current valid accepted payment method as indicated during sign-up (“Payment Method”). You agree to Deep Education Institute, or its third-party payment provider, storing your payment information. You also agree to pay the applicable fees for the services or products you purchase through Deep Education Institute Class Sites as they become due, whether on a one-time or subscription basis.
Unless otherwise specified upon enrollment, for subscription products or services, your Payment Method will be authorized for up to approximately six month of service as soon as you register for a paid subscription and on a semester basis thereafter until you cancel the subscription. Failure to pay may result in the termination of your subscription. Depending on where you transact with us, the type of payment method used and where your payment method was issued, your transaction with us may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices, including because of exchange rates. Deep Education Institute does not support all payment methods, currencies or locations for payment. Your obligation to pay fees continues through the end of the subscription period during which you cancel your subscription. All applicable taxes are calculated based on the billing information you provide us at the time of purchase. For subscription products or services, you may cancel at any time by going to your account settings. If you cancel a paid subscription during the first 8 days of the first month of the subscription, then you will receive a refund unless otherwise specified during sign-up. With respect to the course subscriptions, you will not receive a refund for a course subscription (1) if you complete the course during the first 8 days and then cancel the subscription for the course, or (2) if you have previously registered for and canceled the same course and received a refund in the previous 6 months. Other than stated above, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Deep Education Institute will not offer refunds on any fees and charges related to your subscription. This includes any partially used or unused periods for which you have already paid. Your obligation to pay fees continues through the end of the subscription period during which you cancel your subscription. We do not guarantee refunds for lack of usage or dissatisfaction.
In some instances, you will be permitted to pre-enroll in a course subscription before the course has begun on the Course Site. In these cases you will be billed on the day the course begins. You may cancel at any time by going to your account settings. If you cancel your subscription at any time before the course begins, you will not be charged. Also, if you cancel a paid subscription during the first 8 days after the course begins, then you will receive a refund unless otherwise specified during sign-up.
In other instances, your subscription to Deep Education Institute products or services may start with a free trial. In these cases, the free trial period for any of your subscriptions will last for eight (8) days, or as otherwise specified during sign-up. Free trials for any products or services may not be combined with certain other offers when specified in the offer language. If you have subscribed to a particular paid service or product within the last six (6) months, or if your Payment Method, physical address or email address has been associated with an account for that paid service, you are not eligible to receive a free trial for that service or product. If you begin your subscription with a free trial, we will begin billing your Payment Method for membership fees at the end of the free trial period of your subscription unless you cancel prior to the end of the free trial period. Your Payment Method will be authorized for up to approximately one month of service as soon as you register for a free trial. In some instances, your available balance or credit limit may be reduced to reflect the authorization; however, no charges will be made against the Payment Method unless you do not cancel prior to the end of your free trial period. You may cancel at any time by going to your account settings. If you cancel your subscription during a free trial period, no charges will be made against your Payment Method. You may be ineligible for certain features of a product or service during your free trial period. For example, you cannot be awarded a Verified Certificate or similar certification during your free trial period because you must pay for at least one (1) semester of a course subscription to be eligible for a Verified Certificate in that course.
Services Availability and Limitations
You acknowledge and agree that Deep Education Institute’s services, including paid services and products, are not available at all times, and that certain usage limits may apply. You also understand that Deep Education Institute, at its sole discretion, may limit, suspend, or terminate your use of all Deep Education Institute-provided services related to Deep Education Institute’s programs, such as access to Deep Education Institute Coaches, evaluation services, or certifications. You also understand that Deep Education Institute may modify or discontinue all services related to its programs at its sole discretion.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly acknowledge and agree that your use of the Class Sites, the Online Courses and all Content and services available on the Class Sites is at your sole risk and responsibility.
THE ONLINE COURSES (INCLUDING ANY CONTENT) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND THE ENTIRE RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE ONLINE COURSES AND CONTENT.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT (A) THE CLASS SITES, CONTENT, OR THE ONLINE COURSES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS OR ACHIEVE THE INTENDED PURPOSES, (B) THE CLASS SITES OR THE ONLINE COURSES WILL NOT EXPERIENCE OUTAGES OR OTHERWISE BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, (C) THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE CLASS SITES OR THE ONLINE COURSES, SUCH AS CHAT ROOM SERVICES, WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, CURRENT, ERROR-FREE, COMPLETELY SECURE OR RELIABLE, OR (D) THAT DEFECTS IN OR ON THE CLASS SITES OR CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH AND DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY, SUSTAINED FROM USE OF THE ONLINE COURSES AND CONTENT.
Sites may include forums containing the personal opinions and other expressions of the persons who post entries on a wide range of topics. Neither the User Content (as defined below) on these Sites, nor any links to other websites, are screened, moderated, approved, reviewed or endorsed by Deep Education Institute or its Partner Universities. By posting to or viewing such forums, you agree that Deep Education Institute and any of its Partner Universities are not responsible or liable for the content of any postings therein. Deep Education Institute reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove any content from such forums in its discretion.
Limitation of Liability
Linking to Other Sites
The Class Sites may contain links to pages on other websites (“Linked Sites”), and those Linked Sites may contain content or offer products and/or services for sale. Deep University does not author, edit, control, or monitor these Linked Sites. You acknowledge and agree that (1) we have no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of information provided by Linked Sites, and (2) we do not control or endorse the sponsors of such Linked Sites or the content, products, advertising, or other materials presented on such Linked Sites. We may remove any Linked Sites from the Class Sites at any time for any reason or for no reason.
DEEP UNIVERSITY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY TRANSACTIONS CONDUCTED BY YOU WITH THIRD PARTIES THROUGH THE LINKED SITES OR FOR ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM THE REPRESENTATIONS OR INFORMATION PROVIDED ON SUCH LINKED SITES.
We appreciate that Linked Sites may contain material in which the operator of the Linked Sites has intellectual property rights. We respect those rights and provide the links for information purposes only. The fact that we have linked to any Linked Site does not create or imply any relationship or partnership with the operator of such Linked Site.
Termination of Rights
Dispute Procedure and Claims of Copyright Infringement
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. Deep University respects the rights and intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe in good faith that your product or other work has been misrepresented or used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide Deep University’s Copyright Agent with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the product, copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the product, work or other intellectual property that you claim has been misrepresented or infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is misrepresenting or infringing your product, work or other intellectual property is located on the Online Courses;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the owner of the product, work, copyright or intellectual property, or its agent, or applicable law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the product, work, copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on such owner’s behalf.
Notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright for details. Deep Education Institute’s Copyright Agent for notices of disputes or claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
Copyright Agent, Deep University Inc. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Choice of Law
Excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief, for claims related to the Deep Education Institute Sites where the total amount sought is less than ten thousand U.S. Dollars ($10,000.00 USD), either Deep Education Institute or You may elect at any point during the dispute to resolve the claim through binding, non- appearance-based arbitration. The dispute will then be resolved using an established alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) provider, mutually agreed upon by You and Deep Education Institute. The parties and the selected ADR provider shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses, unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; rather, the arbitration shall be conducted, at the option of the party seeking relief, online, by telephone, online, or via written submissions alone. Any judgment rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Severability and Liability
No Rights of Third Parties
Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please use our contact form to send us a message. You may also contact us by postal mail or email at: Deep Education Institute, 10,657 Mayflower road, Blue Mounds, WI 53517, USA. Email: email@example.com
Deep Education Institute, 10,657 Mayflower road, Blue Mounds, WI 53517, USA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The section titles herein are displayed for convenience only and have no legal effect.
These terms of Service are valid internationally and are equally valid in the State of Wisconsin and abroad.
ON BEHALF OF THE DEEP EDUCATION INSTITUTE
Chairman of the Board of the Trustees:
Professor Francois V. TOCHON